I'm not speeding...I'm qualifying

thoughts and updates about my life as a husband and father, a friend, and a school president

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Thursday to Sunday and Monday to Wednesday

My last few days have been action packed with sporting events.

* Thursday night Riley and I had 2 tickets to Fandango at the Texas Motor Speedway. We were blessed to go to the track and hang out for a while. Riley loved it. We walked the trailers, ate some junk and watched the drivers during Fandango.
* Friday I was given 4 tickets to the Rangers game for that night. Riley and I took Scott and Olivia. The kids had a blast. The game was fun. A dust storm blew in and reminded me of living in Abilene. The temperature during the game dropped 20 degrees. The Rangers lost but we had fun.
* Saturday I went with dad, James and Matthew to the Texas Motor Speedway for the Busch race. It was a beautiful day. We had suite tickets. The race was a blast. We all ate good food and watched cars go fast and turn left.
* Sunday Beth Ann and I were able to go to the Nextel Cup race. This has become a tradition for us and we make the day of it. We cruised the trailers and games for a few hours in the morning. We then get our scanner ready and watch 43 cars go at it on a 1 1/2 mile track. It is a rush. The noise, the crowd, the fans, good times. The guy we were pulling for won. I absolutely love going to the races. I love the day I get to spend with Beth Ann there.

* Now I leave on Monday morning and take the 6th grade students, 5 faculty and 28 parents to Mo Ranch until Wednesday. The kids go through the Environmental Leadership Program. It is a great trip for these kids as they prepare for middle school. I love to watch them learn and have fun while at Mo.

Have a great week.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:29 AM , Blogger Danny Sims said...

    Your schedule is crazy this time of year. I'm glad you still find time to be a dad.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home